About the program
- The Computer Science and Engineering Department at Oakland University invites students to apply to its thirteenth summer of an NSF-funded Research Experience for Undergraduate students. The students selected to participate will be immersed in a research environment under the mentoring of CSE faculty.
- This program is a full-time comprehensive educational experience targeted to women and minorities in particular. It should be understood by the students that this position is not merely a summer job, but rather an educational experience where the students are treated as junior colleagues.
- 10 weeks full time research program.
- Research in teams of 2 under close supervision by CSE faculty.
- Variety of research topics available in Cybersecurity.
- Students receive a stipend of $5,000, meal allowance, and travel subsidy for either travel to and from the program or to attend a conference.
- Housing subsidy will be provided for students staying on campus.
- Open to all non-graduating undergraduate students (US citizens and permanent residents) with an interest in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Students cannot be working or taking classes at the same time.
- Students will be selected based on GPA and letters of recommendation.